An Oregon Native, Rebecca grew up with a Wildlife Biologist for a Dad and an avid gardener as a Mom. Having a big family of 5 kids, summers were spent outside, hiking, camping, swimming, fishing and then came canning season!
Growing up in Corvallis, Oregon State University was within a bicycle ride. Loving the outdoors so much, made the decision to go into the Horticulture program there a natural. Since graduating with a degree in Horticulture/Landscape Design & Maintenance, she has worked in many facets of The Industry.
Rebecca's experience includes:
* Design and installation of projects from very small to very large
* Charter member of OLCA's CLT committee, Creating Landscape Maintenance test.
* Landscape irrigation design and installation
* Teaching irrigation courses to contractors, landscape designers and landscape architects
* Landscape Maintenance ranging from small to large residential and commercial
* Landscape Manager overseeing the grounds crews of two very large private estates
After many years in 'the business' Rebecca was asked to be the Construction Manager at The Oregon Garden. From 1998 until the Grand Opening of Phase I, she worked with Landscape Architects and Designers, Garden Sponsors and Donors, Construction Contractors, Electricians, Plumbers, Surveyors and Volunteers to create this jewel of a garden in the Willamette Valley. While, at the same time, hiring staff and creating the initial Horticulture Department and formulating the Maintenance Procedures for this ever-evolving site.
Moving on to Evergreen Aviation, in McMinnville, Rebecca managed the private estates of Del and Maria Smith in Dundee. She oversaw the installation of extensive landscaping at their new home that was being built in the midst of hundreds of acres of Hazelnut Trees and Vineyards. While there, Rebecca oversaw the new landscape installation at the Aviation Museum, housing the 'Spruce Goose'; Designed and installed the Blue Star Memorial Garden; and Designed the landscape for the new IMAX Theater.
With all this experience, Rebecca's real joy is working with folks to create a place they can call their own and live the lifestyle they love.